|Tom Corbett, Governor
||Barry J. Schoch, P.E., Secretary, Department of Transportation
Process for Graduating from a Junior to a Senior License
A Junior Driver's License may be changed to a regular, Non-Commercial Driver's License when you meet the following requirements:
- Held a Junior Driver's License for 1 year,
- Have not been convicted of any violation of the Vehicle Code,
- Have not been in an accident for which you are partially or fully responsible, and
- Have successfully completed classroom and behind-the-wheel training courses approved by the Department of Education.
NOTE: A Junior Driver's License shall automatically become a Regular Driver's License when you turn 18 years old.
- Complete Form DL-59.
- Mail application to: PennDOT, P.O. Box 68272, Harrisburg, PA 17106-8272.
- If application is approved, you will receive an update card to carry with your Junior Driver's License.