An Occupational Limited License (OLL) is a Class C (Non-commercial Driver’s License) or Motorcycle Limited Driver’s License issued to a driver whose Pennsylvania driving privilege has been, or will be, suspended. An OLL authorizes you to drive a designated motor vehicle, under certain conditions, when it is necessary for the driver’s occupation, work, trade, medical treatment or study.
If your driving privilege has been revoked, disqualified, cancelled or recalled, you are not eligible for an OLL. If you have never been licensed by Pennsylvania or any other state, you are also ineligible to apply.
To apply for an OLL:
- You must complete Form DL-15 “Occupational Limited License Petition”. Follow the instructions on the petition.
- Send it, along with the appropriate fee, to the address listed on the form.
- PennDOT will evaluate the petition and determine your eligibility.
- If you do not qualify for an OLL, you will be sent a letter denying your application.
- If you qualify for an OLL, you will be sent an OLL camera card, which you will need to take to the nearest Photo License Center to have your photo taken and receive your OLL.