Tom Wolf, Governor Leslie S. Richards, Secretary, Department of Transportation

Replacing Your Photo ID Card

A Pennsylvania duplicate Photo Identification Card is issued when the current product is lost, stolen, mutilated, never received, surrendered out of-state, or needs change in organ donor status. 

If PennDOT has your photo and signature on file, you can apply for a duplicate photo ID card online. After you have completed your application, please allow 10 days for your duplicate to be processed and mailed.

Mail-in Process:

Step 1: Complete Form DL-54B "Photo Identification Card Application to Change/Correct/Replace/Renew".

Step 2: Make a check or money order payable to PennDOT for the appropriate fee.

Step 3: Mail application and check or money order to: PennDOT, P.O. Box 68272, Harrisburg, PA 17106-8272.

Step 4: If your picture is on file, you will receive a duplicate Photo ID card with your current picture. If no picture is on file, a camera card will be mailed to the address on file with PennDOT. If you receive a camera card; you must appear at a photo center to obtain a Photo ID card.

Step 5: You may go to a Driver License Center and apply for a duplicate Photo ID card by using the DL-54B form.

State of PA Website Home Forms and Publications Shopping Cart PA State Agencies Online Services Shopping Cart