Tom Wolf, Governor Leslie S. Richards, Secretary, Department of Transportation

Moving Within PA

Change of Address

Residents of Pennsylvania are required by law to report their change of address within 15 days of moving. In order to accurately report this change, you can change your address online for your driverís license/photo ID card and vehicle/trailer registration or you can complete an MV-63, "Change of Address" and mail it to the address listed on the form. If you hold a commercial driver's license, you must complete a DL-80CD and pay the duplicate fee to have your address updated.

Please note: You are required to change your vehicle registration information and your driver's license information. Keeping PennDOT records up-to-date ensures you will receive all driver licensing and motor vehicles mailings.

Please Note: For non-commercial drivers, a free license address update card will be mailed to your new address within 10 days after the change has been made online. This card MUST be carried with your driver's license, identification card, or learner's permit at all times. If you change the address on your vehicle registration, a new registration card will be sent in the mail. Commercial drivers must mail in the above DL-80CD form with a check for the appropriate fee or stop into their nearest Driver License Center.

State of PA Website Home Forms and Publications Shopping Cart PA State Agencies Online Services Shopping Cart