Tom Wolf, Governor Leslie S. Richards, Secretary, Department of Transportation

Forms, Publications and FAQs For New Residents or Current Pennsylvania Residents Who Are Moving

This page contains all forms, publications and FAQs related to moving into, within and out of Pennsylvania.

All forms and publications are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print. This software is provided free of charge and you may download the latest version by clicking on the ĎGet Acrobat Readerí button.

Get Adobe Acrobat Reader


Please remember to include a check or money order with all completed forms for transactions which require fees. Please note: PennDOT will charge a fee of $58 or more for each check returned to the Department as uncollectible.

Some forms may require a signature and date after printing. All forms may be printed and mailed to PennDOT using the address listed at the top of the form, unless otherwise noted on the form. Your changes will not take effect until PennDOT has received and processed your form.

Forms MV-1 and MV-4ST are not available online. These forms must be completed by an authorized agent of the Department. Most notaries, dealers, and messenger services are authorized agents and will be able to complete an application for title and issue you a temporary registration. Some authorized agents are online with the Department and are able to process your title and/or registration request on the spot.

Please Note: Authorized agents are under contract to PennDOT and may charge a market driven service (delivery) fee; these are in addition to any PennDOT statutory fees for temporary, or in some cases, permanent motor vehicle registration plates and cards or other related products and services offered by the agent. The agent's service (delivery) fees are market driven, and vary by agent. To compare service (delivery) fees, you are encouraged to contact the authorized agents in your area for the applicable service (delivery) fees charged.

Form Number

Form Name


Non-Commercial Learner's Permit Application to Add/Extend/Replace/Change/Correct


Application for Initial Photo Identification Card


Photo Identification Card Application to Change/Correct/Replace/Renew


Non-Commercial Driver's License Application to Change/Correct/Replace


Application to Replace/Correct Commercial Driverís License


Non-Commercial Driver's License Application For Renewal


Application for Pennsylvania Non-Commercial Driver’s License by Out-of-State Non-CDL Driver


Application for Pennsylvania Commercial Driver’s License by Out-of-State CDL Driver


Change of Address for Driverís License, Photo ID and Vehicle Registration


Frequently Asked Questions

State of PA Website Home Forms and Publications Shopping Cart PA State Agencies Online Services Shopping Cart